Home Depot sells the below pictured set of paint rollers, brush, and tray for about 10 bucks. If purchased individually, this set of tools would cost you close to 25 bucks. Typically, I only use Sherwin Williams roller covers when painting rooms, but after having painted a couple rooms, I can state that paying a premium on paint roller covers doesn't make much of a difference in terms of results.

What matters most when getting a good paint job done is to use high quality paint and to have proper technique. These two things will differentiate a good paint job from a bad one. The only thing you need to remember before using any roller is to rub the surface of the roller (not super hard) with your hand. This will remove any loose pile that would otherwise get stuck to your wall when painting.